Texas Road House Cinnamon Butter . . . YUMMMM!!!

This stuff is amazing! When I made homemade bread earlier this week something made me think of Texas Roadhouse’s Cinnamon Butter, so I knew I had to hunt down a recipe for it . . . apparently I’m on a mission to sabatoge my hips!

This recipe is so simple, and I’m betting most of the ingredients are right in your pantry.  (In fact, I found a can of sweetened condensed milk that was just about to expire – it’s a good thing I decided to make this stuff because heaven forbid we let sweetened condensed milk go to waste around here!)  And, if you’re trying to pinch a few pounds (it seems like penny pinchin’ and pound pinchin’ are my daily battles!), well, forget the diet for a little while and plan a few extra minutes to excercise today.  This one is worth it!

Here’s what you’ll need . . .

1 cup butter softened we actually used Country Crock because that’s what was in the fridge!  I bet real butter would be delicious . . .

1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, chilled I have no patience at all so my sweetened condensed milk wasn’t chilled and it turned out just fine

1/2 teaspoon corn syrup

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Whip butter with electric mixer.  Add remaining ingredients and mix well.  Serve & enjoy!  (Can stay refrigerated for several weeks.)

Recipe courtesy of  Food.com.  Thanks for this amazing recipe (I think  . . . ), and you could also top some sweet potatoes with it!

Because this is the only place that I keep up with my crazy kiddos antics, you’re just going to have to bear with me as I share my Reagan’s conversation (with herself) while watching our Kitchenaid whip up this butter.  That girl can turn even butter into an hour long conversation, and she’s only three!  (I don’t know where she gets it . . . )

Reagan (while hovering on her step-stool with her nose right up on top of the mixer): Momma . . . is dat chocolate in (d)there???  I yike chocolate. . . it’s really good . . . it tastes yummy . . . is dat chocolate momma?

Me: No baby, it’s cinnamon.

Reagan:  Cinnamon?  I YIKE CINNAMON!  It’s so yummy. . . it smells really good . . . do I yike cinnamon momma?  I can taste it.  . . I can EAT it . . . maybe I should yick (lick) it momma . . . it’s really good . . . and I can momma . . . it’s really okay if I can!

***Meanwhile, I turn my back . . . WHY WOULD I EVER TURN MY BACK IN THE KITCHEN???

Reagan:  Do I yike it momma . . . do I really yike it?

(silence…and then of course, the slobbering of straight cinnamon all over that girl’s mouth – she licked the top of the McCormick’s Cinnamon clean – BLECK!!!)

Me: REAGANNNNN??????!!!!!

Reagan: I no yike it momma . . . but maybe I do yike it . .  . because I can still taste it (as she sees me take the fluffy-buttered-beater off the Kitchenaid)  I can eat it momma . . . . it’s really good . . . . . . . . . . .

Does it ever feel noisy in your kitchen, or I am the only one with a built in chatter box in my kitchen?  (But she’s right, it’s really, really good . . .)

This post is linked to Balancing Bedlam & Beauty’s Tasty Tuesday.  Join Passionate Penny Pincher on Facebook to keep up with all the meals & deals!

Comments

1. Michele says:

I yike this story! Too cute!!!!

2. TERESITA BABCOCK says:

I’m pretty sure I have a built in chatter box also. Two actually, I have 5yr old twins, and they just LOVE to “help”

3. Patti says:

Awwww. It is those sweet little moments that make being a stay at home mom worth it.

4. Tammy Y says:

:) How cute!

5. Sarah says:

The family is full of conversationalists. Tell Reagan that Aunt Terri and I also yike cinnamon butter. :)

6. meg says:

the real recipe calls for heavy cream and brown sugar. no sweetened condensed milk or corn syrup. that’s all the info i can divulge.

Oooohhhh Meg! My husband couldn’t guess what was in this one, but I would never have guessed they used brown sugar in theirs (although now that I think about that it makes sense . . . .) YUMMMMM!

7. My hubby will be so happy! He LOVES that butter! p.s. Very cute story :)

8. Kathy says:

I’m looking forward to trying this. Texas Roadhouse rolls and cinnamon butter are divine and I’ll be happy to mix up even a reasonable fascimilie. Reagan is too cute.

9. I use only Country Crock!

Newest Follower hopping over from Blog Frog!

Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly

10. Audrey's mom says:

Oh my! I am crying laughing here. Yep, you never turn your back on a curious child. I usually get extra ingredients or fingers in my dish. And we yike cinnamon too!

11. Reichal Winn says:

The chatterboxs in the kitchens are the ones that grow up to be great helpers and learners in the kitchen. My 7yr old daughter and 5yr old son used to be the same way. Now they are helping me all the time. Very curious on how to cook things. Thanks for the recipe and smiles.

You’re so right Reichal – my kids love helping out in the kitchen and I’m so thankful for it (even when some days it takes just a little more work!) :)

Trackbacks

1. [...] Monday – Taco Soup, Homemade Bread & Cinnamon Butter [...]

2. [...] for more bargain menu ideas? Check out Passionate Penny Pincher’s weekly meal deals, including Texas Roadhouse Style Cinnamon Butter, Homemade Bread, and Easy Ravioli Night. var a2a_config = a2a_config || {}; [...]

3. [...] is one of my favorite sweet – homemade bread with Texas Road House Style Cinnamon Butter . . . [...]