What’s For Dinner? Buttered Chicken with Mashed Potatoes

Oh my goodness gracious (my 3-year old’s favorite saying right now . . .), if you’re looking for a delicious recipe, here’s one for you!  (Seriously, what could be  better than buttered chicken???)  I found this recipe over at Full Bellies Happy Kids, and after my little photo rant earlier, I think you need to go check out her site and salivate over each of her pics - not only can she cook, she also takes beautiful pictures of her yummy food!  (Don’t those pictures just make you want to eat???)

This recipe was a big hit at our house and I’m betting your family will love it too.  I hate that Publix has had such pitiful meat deals lately, so I’d suggest picking up your boneless skinless chicken breast at Kroger this week (just $1.99/lb.) or Albertson’s (only $1.98/lb.)  Here’s what you’ll need . . .

2 large eggs, beaten

1 cup Ritz  crackers, crushed Ritz Crackers BOGO $2.99 $1/2 Nabisco Crackers

1/4 tsp garlic powder, or 1/2 tsp garlic salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves On Sale $1.99/lb. at Kroger and Albertson’s

1/2 cup butter, cut into bits

Preheat the oven to 375.  Place eggs in shallow bowl, and cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl.  Mix garlic powder (or garlic salt) and pepper with cracker crumbs.  Dip the chicken breast in the egg, then in the cracker crumb mixture, coating them well.  Place in 9×13 baking dish and drop pieces of butter all around the chicken.  Bake for 30-35 minutes until chicken is no longer pink and the crumbs are nicely browned.

Serve with . . .

Mashed Potatoes Baking Potatoes 5 lb bag $2.99

Grilled Veggies Backyard Grilling Vegetable $.99 lb

Thanks so much to Full Bellies Happy Kids for this yummy recipe.  And be sure to visit  I Heart Publix and Two Thrifty Sisters for the coupon matchups, and $5 Dinner Mom for even more great bargain meal deals!

Comments

1. Sherry says:

Woohoo!! Something I can actually cook. I can’t wait to try this recipe.

2. Lisa R says:

That is my hubbys favorite chicken. We call it Ritz cracker chicken. ;) I’ve heard you can use the ‘garlic herb’ variety and that is good too but dh is so picky I wouldn’t dream of changing it on him!!

3. Lisa R says:

Oh and I just melt a stick of butter and pour it all over the chick (super easy!) and we buy cheap boneless chicken thighs!! :D

4. Christy says:

Ooh! We tried this recipe tonight and the whole family loved it. No leftovers, which is rare for us.

5. Ruth says:

I wanted to tell you that I tried this recipe last night. My husband and son LOVED it!!!!! I will admit that I went to the cabinet to get my Ritz crackers to crush and I had NONE!!!!! How could I not know, especially since they were just BOGO at Publix. What I did have from a Publix BOGO was LOTS of Lance sour cream and chive crackers. I took two of the 6 packs of crackers and crushed them. I added the onion salt and pepper. This is definately a recipe we will make again. A friend just said she was making chicken and was out of Ritz crackers. All she had was Cheez-Its. She said that made a great tasting crust. May be trying that as well.

I’m o glad you liked it Ruth! Thanks for sharing – what a way to use your stockpile! (I may have to try that out nextime!

6. annuaire says:

What a great idea. Thanks alot.