Time for a Treat – Blueberry Cobbler Dump Cake

After last week’s Blueberry Muffin recipe I had lots of requests for Blueberry Cobbler, but I have to confess I’ve never made it (I didn’t even think I liked it!)  But when my super frugal friend Shannon sent me this recipe (and it was E-A-S-Y), I knew I had to try it.  You all won’t believe what a deal (and how yummy!) this one is!  Oh my goodness – YUMMMMMMM!!!

Here’s what you’ll need . . .

1 box yellow cake mix Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix BOGO
$50/2 Betty Crocker Cake Mix And Betty Crocker Ready To Spread Frosting
$0.50/2 Betty Crocker Cake Mix AND Ready to Spread Frosting
$0.75/2 Betty Crocker Cake And Frosting 5/2/2010 SS Insert (exp 6/26/2010)

2 cups blueberries On Sale at Publix $1.50 in current ad

2 sticks of melted butter or margarine I used margarine

1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple $1/2 HERE or $1/3 Dole Pineapple cans 6/27/2010 SS Insert (exp 8/7/2010)

Preheat oven at 350 degrees.  Put blueberries and pineapple in 9×13 baking dish or casserole.  Shake cake mix over top, then drizzle with melted butter.   (My three year old made this one – I just put it all out for her to dump!)

Cook for 45 minutes or until brown on the top. Serve and ENJOY!!!

This post is linked to Balancing Beauty and Bedlam’s Tasty Tuesday and Saving Money Living Life’s Fabulous Friday’s - thanks for the opportunity to link up!

Comments

1. Kari says:

I make this ALL the time and my friends and family LOVE it. One thing I do differently is, I add a little Splenda on top of the fruit and I also add a little Splenda on top of the melted butter. Wonderful!!

2. Dana says:

You can do this with all kinds of fresh fruit or canned pie filling. I usually use two larger cans of pie filling when using the canned stuff. I only use one stick of butter, though. It’s also great with chopped pecans or walnuts on top. Remember: there’s usually always a Fisher nut coupon.

3. I’ve done this in the crockpot before too, it’s great!! It looks so good! Thanks! Found you at Saving Money’s Fabulous Fridays!

4. Contessa says:

So I would sprinkle the dry cake mix over the blueberries & pineapples? I don’t need to stir it up or anything?

I kind of wondered that myself when I made it, so I shook the cake mix over top, drizzled the margarine on top, and then just kind of mixed it together with a fork. I’m not sure if you have to but it worked for me (it wasn’t completely wet, and it still came out fine – heck, anything with that much butter is gonna come out fine! :-) )

5. Lynette says:

Do you drain the pineapple or put it in with the liquid/juice too? This looks like something I want to have in front of the tv TONIGHT!!! ;)

I did drain off a little pineapple (maybe a tablespoonful or so), just because I thought it would be too liquidy. Also, be sure to only use 15 OZ. CAN PINEAPPLE, or just that much out of a larger can! I made it this weekend and was in a hurry so did it from memory and used too much pineapple because I didn’t check and it was a little too pineappley! Let me know how it goes!

6. angie says:

thanks for delicious recipes very cheap dessert thanks

7. Kristy says:

I’m confused, do you just use the dry mix without adding the eggs, milk, oil, etc.? Just the box of dry ingredients over the pineapple and blueberries? Am I right?

I know it’s wierd Kristy – but you literally dump in the pineapple and blueberries, then put cake mix on top (no eggs/milk/oil), and then drizzle with the butter/margarine, and somehow it bakes! It really is yummy, but it feels wierd not to make the mix! (Note – be sure to watch size of can on the pineapple, you don’t want the larger size – just 15 oz. can!)

8. Kristy says:

Ok. I’m going to trust you, lol! I think I might try it tonight if I get home from H’ville in time. Thanks!!

9. Kristy says:

This was REALLY good! I was very skeptical up until I pulled it out of the oven, it looked good and smelled wonderful!! Just please don’t start posting calories and fat because I don’t even want to know how many was in that, but it was soooo good! Thanks for the recipe! Amazing as always!!

I was so skeptical at first too – the pineapples really threw me! I’m so glad you liked it though!

10. Lol, I had been browsing for resources concerning fresh fuit pie recipes and came across your site. However I am lucky I did. Funny the way we find unique spots on the web.

11. cna training says:

What a great resource!

12. simmer celery, lots of carrots, onion, leeks and tinned tomatoes in a oxo stock, add salt pepper, mixed herbs, oregano, garlic and tomato puree and simmer slowly for over an hour and then part blend, i make a huge panfull and freeze in tubs and then reheat from frozen.

13. I really like the submssion. Would you mind if I were link to it on my upcoming blogpost?