With the fabulous blueberry deal out at Publix right now, I knew we’d be eating some berries around our house! I contemplated making a strawberry-blueberry trifle (that does sound good . . .) or blueberry cobbler (yummmm!), but realized I needed an easy breakfast for my kids as we run out the door this week.
My hubby loved these and so did I, but I thought they tasted a little more scone-like than muffin-life (which was just fine with me!) Here’s what you’ll need . . .
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (make sure they’re ripe, if they’re not ready your muffins will be a little tart) On Sale $1.50, use $1.50/1 HERE to get them FREE!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil Loana BOGO $3.39, use $.75/1 from 6/6/10 SS
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 400 and line muffin cups or spray with Pam cooking spray. Combine 3 cups flour, 1 1/2 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Put 2/3 cup oil in measuring container, add egg and enough milk to fill to 2 cups. Add to dry ingredients, gently stir in blueberries. Divide batter into 24 muffin cups.
Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Use pastry cutter (or two forks) to mix. Sprinkle on top of unbaked muffins.
Bake at 400 for 20 – 25 minutes (mine took exactly 20), enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All Recipes.